Wednesday, March 23, 2011

roaming dragon street food

The food service provider that catered to my office and our surrounding offices has closed its doors recently, so we were left without convenient coffee treats and meals...until the “Roaming Dragon” came to town.  This food truck brings street food to a whole other level, it’s basically an asian fusion gourmet restaurant on wheels. 
Yesterday morning I had “The Dude” breakfast burrito and it was scrumptious, a nice hot wrap filled with fluffy scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, extremely yummy thick slices of good quality bacon,  an asian bbq sauce and gooey melted cheese.  It was so filling and satisfying, I’m surprised I had room for another meal today (well not surprised).  I must say, this was probably the best breakfast burrito I have ever had.


For lunch I ate a Korean shortrib taco, and a Chinese Pork Belly slider (small portions of each).   I enjoyed the shortrib taco but the meat was just a bit to saucy and over powering, the sautéed spinach, shitake mushrooms, carrots and kimchi dressing were nice, corn tortilla was okay but I don’t think it accompanied the Korean ingredients as well as a rice wrap would have.  The slider was pretty darn good, the braised pork belly was the best part, sauce was great.  The mantau, or Chinese steamed bun,  was a bit too bready and bunny for this dish in my opinion.  Overall though, it was still quite good.   To wash it all down,  I quite enjoyed the Lychee Basil Lemonade, very refreshing with just the perfect balance of flavours.

Today I think I’ll try the buttermilk pancakes, with toasted walnuts and bananas.  I should watch how much I eat here, or I’ll become a  “roaming piglet”.


the roaming dragon truck


the "dude" breakfast burrito


korean shortrib taco and pork belly slider


lychee basil lemonade


1 comment:

  1. That all looks and sounds better than that place downstairs. Is someone else going to open up in there?

    ReplyDelete