Thursday, May 19, 2011

tastiest butter chicken to ever come out of a jar

If you feel like Indian without going to a restaurant or slaving away at the stove I highly recommend "Amaya Butter Chicken Sauce".  I came across this gem in a jar at Whole Foods and I'm sure it's sold at other natural grocers as well.  It's a natural product with no preservatives, no artificial colors, flavours or fillers and it tastes absolutely delicious!  Apparently there is an Indian restaurant in Toronto called "Amaya The Indian Room" and this is their bottled sauce.  They carry a small line of products, the butter chicken sauce, a coconut curry sauce (which I wasn't a huge fan of), an Indian spicy ketchup and a mango mint chutney (which I haven't tried yet).  You can get more information on their sauces at http://www.amayagourmet.com/.

It's so convenient and makes for a super quick dinner as all you need to do is satay your chicken pieces then add the sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes or according to the instructions on the jar.  You could also add some heavy cream and fresh cilantro towards the end if you like.  I just paired up my meal with some yummy store bought Naan bread and made my girlfriends easy Raita recipe which I'm including.  If you're ever in Toronto, Amaya The Indian Room is located at 1701 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, ON.  I have never been but if you have, tell me if it's any good.  My husband is Indian and he loved this butter chicken so trust me, it's good!!!

Raita Recipe:

2 cups Greek Yogurt
1 Shredded Cucumber (drained)
1/2 Shredded Carrot (smaller shreds)
1 tsp Cumin
3 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tbsp fresh mint (chopped)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Sugar or honey (just a very tiny pinch)

Just mix it all up and refrigerate for at least 30 min.



The tasty sauce


Delicious and super easy meal

No comments:

Post a Comment