Friday, February 4, 2011

best lemony greek potatoes recipe

This side-dish is too good so I must share, made them last night and want them again tonight!!  Had them for the first time at my sister in law's one summer and have been making her recipe ever since.  Everyone who tries them ends up phoning me for the recipe, over and over because they usually don't write it down (ha ha) so I'm posting on my blog.  Trust me, you're gonna love them!  Especially if you're a fan of lemons!

Best Lemony Greek Potatoes

Ingredients

4-5 large yellow or white potatoes cubed
1/2 cup olive oil
juice of 3 lemons
2-3 cups chicken stock (I usually use 2 1/2 cups)
1 tablespoon dry oregano
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
salt (according to your preference) you can also add garlic powder if you wish

Directions

Bake uncovered at 500 for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.  You will know they're ready when all the liquid has disappeared and the potatoes are crisping up in the olive oil.  I usually add more salt at this stage.
The potatoes should be very soft on the inside, with a nice bit of crisp on the outside.  Yum!

Before I popped them in the oven


After just a little over 90 minutes or so...YUM!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment