Thursday, February 24, 2011

mmmeat and bread

This week we ventured to "Meat and Bread" for lunch, this place has been the talk of the town, number one on Urbanspoon for weeks now, maybe even months so it has been on the top of my list of spots to check out for a while.   The cool, hip eatery was packed with downtown business types and Gastown artsy types lined up to the door.  All the sandwiches are assembled right before your eyes in a nice open area.  They have 4 sandwiches on the menu, the Porchetta, Meatball, Grilled Cheese (with caramelized onions YUM) and the daily special.  Next time I will try the daily special, it's usually a nice braised lamb.  They also have a soup of the day, a salad, and an ice cream sandwich with pieces of chopped bacon in it!!  That's right, a bacon ice-cream sandwich, and yes I tried it and quite enjoyed it's sweet and saltiness.  I had the Porchetta, because I was told it's the most popular.  I loved the tender roasted pork combined with salty crispy pork skin accompanied with a nice salsa verde which consisted of chopped fresh herbs and olive oil. Oh and the in house mustard was super delish!

Overall, Meat and Bread was pretty damn good, will I go back, yes. 
Meat and Bread is located at 370 Cambie http://www.meatandbread.ca/




The sandwich assembly line and the delicious house made mustards




Cutting up my Porchetta



The Sandwiches, Meatball in the middle (don't worry they weren't all mine, I was with 2 other foodies.


My Porchetta


Bacon Ice-Cream Sandwich in Pizzelle


No comments:

Post a Comment