Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"cake boss lady" spotlight on a local business

Not only are her cakes pretty they are extremely yummy.  I'm talking about local cake artist (she truly is an artist) Shaleena.  We were great friends in high school, lost touch, but connected after many many years and to my delight I discovered she baked cakes, delicious all natural taste sensational cakes.  For my daughter's first birthday, I ordered her triple chocolate with chocolate buttercream and I tell you, it was the most moist and chocolaty, not too sweet but perfect tasting cake I have ever had.  To this day, she will not divulge any of her "secret" ingredients.  I do know she uses organic flour, cane sugar, and quality stuff with no fillers or crap that you can't pronounce.  The finished product, an old fashioned, totally scratch, made with love, I want seconds and thirds cake.  I also tried her Vanilla Bean cake, WOW, soft and moist with specks of real vanilla bean in the icing.  If you want a cake that tastes and looks out of this world, contact Shaleena at "Sweet Catastrophe Cakes" www.sweetcatastrophecakes.webs.com her email is cakemaniacs@shaw.ca

Below are only a few of some of my favorite cakes she's done.  From life size electric guitars to over sized replicas of bottles of booze she's created alot of crazy cool stuff for her clients.  Look out "Cake Boss" because here comes the "Cake Boss Lady".




 This has to be my favorite because it was my daughter Sophia's first birthday cake


 Ni Hao Kai Lan!  Very impressive work with gum paste



Baby Chuck Taylors 


 Edward Cullon Twilight cake freehand


Wonderwoman freehand


No comments:

Post a Comment