Saturday, February 5, 2011

review for romer's burger bar

I've been meaning to review Romer's Burger Bar for a while, tried it a few months ago.  Romer's is the creation of executive chef Jim Romer, and serves "real" food that is locally sourced, "all natural" and pretty darn good.  When I hear "all natural", "free run" and "wild" I become excited about the food I'm about to eat.

I had the "Green Chilli Chicken Cheddar Burger" consisting of lemon griddled free-run chicken breast, house-made green chili sauce, fresh avocado, minced red onion, plenty of cheddar, Habanero Pepper Verdelait.  I "made mine green" and had the iceberg head lettuce bun, a low carb alternative to the Brioche bun, which I'm sorry I didn't try, because the how can you review a bunless burger?  The chicken was grilled to perfection, nice fresh crisp ingredients but I really didn't feel as I was eating a burger so I need to go back.

My other half ordered the "Righteous Rib", consisting of all-natural beef, thick-sliced applewood bacon, braised short ribs, sweet onions, Gorgonzola garlic sauce, fresh thyme leaves.  Sounds and looks amazing, but his exact quote, "The meat tastes too clean".  He appreciates the greasy artery clogging mystery meat burgers instead I guess.  Although, I do understand what he meant, as many people do appreciate a bit more grease and fat content in their burgers perhaps?

Overall, this place has a great menu, with 11 burger options to choose from, and I love options.  I liked the olives and pepperoncini that were served with the burger and the fresh cut fries with dip (order separately)were very good.  I want to go back for "The Magic Mushroom", "The Ultimate Kobe Classic" and "The Man's Man Burger" even though I'm not a man, nor a man.  And no, I will not order these all in one day, so I guess I'm going to have to go back 3 more times.  Oh and I must also try the "Drunken Doughnuts" served with a lovely trio of dipping sauces - Kahlua Nutella, Limoncello and Maple Whiskey.  I heard they were awesome! I will post my revised review after I try a few more menu items, but so far a great experience.

Romer's Burger Bar is located at 1873 W. 4th Ave. (at Cypress) Vancouver, BC, V6J 1M4
Check out their menu and philosophy at www.romersburgerbar.com

"Righteous Rib Burger"


 "Green Chilli Chicken Cheddar" on a Lettuce Bun


No comments:

Post a Comment