Thursday, January 13, 2011

all things yummy

I consider myself somewhat of a foodie, I’m soo passionate and vocal about food and everyone who knows me knows it.  From the moment i walk in the office, the first words that come out of my mouth are “what are we having for breakfast?” by the time 10am rolls around you’ll hear me say “what’s for lunch?” Some of my coworkers share my interests, as when we get a free moment you’ll catch us  “urban spooning” or “dine here-ing” the local restaurants in our vicinity for rave reviews for the most satisfying and delicious meal to get us through the long, hectic workday.  I’m the one responsible for making the office’s official “Menu Binder”, a collection of nearby restaurant take out menus and flyers, carefully hole punched and divided by ethnicity, food type etc...  I’m considered quite the food critic around the office, as some of the menus have my stamp of approval in my big bold printing stating “ANGELA APPROVED”, only the finest of establishments receive such accolades ha ha.

When planning vacations with my husband, I google, I trip advise, I urbanspoon, and frommers  the top places that I would like to eat breakfasts, lunches and dinners while on vacation.  I choose my top picks, study and print their menus, print off the address  and pop them in my “Restaurant” folder that goes in my carry-on luggage ready for me to either plug the address in the tom tom  or hand to the cab driver once we reach our destination.  My husband thought this was not normal behaviour until recently.  I’ve got him hooked on visiting restaurants featured on foodnetwork favourites such as "Diners Drive-ins and Dives" (man I love Guy Fieri’s passion for food).  I think it was the most incredible meatball sub he had while in Hollywood Florida at Sonny’s Famous Hoagies that elevated him over to the other side, my foodie side, or it could have been my research on the number 1 burger in America as featured in GQ magazine’s article “The Twenty Hamburgers You Must Eat Before You Die, by Alan Richman” that lead him to bite into the number 1 burger on the list found at "Le Tub" in Florida?  Or perhaps it was the Popcorn and Peanuts or Tangerine Creamsicle desserts shown below, that we had at "Michael's Genuine" in Miami that is making a foodie out of my hubby?

"Popcorn and Peanuts" http://www.michaelsgenuine.com/
buttered popcorn ice-cream and a to die for chocolate peanut butter candy bar!!!


"Tangerine Creamsicle Pot de Creme"
with warm doughnuts and blackberry tarragon jam (amazing)

No comments:

Post a Comment