Saturday, January 15, 2011

planning a pretty party

my daughter turned the big 01 this past November.  I wanted her first birthday to be extra special, my vision was Alice in Wonderland inspired, but in the end I ended up with a "Pretty Vintage Pink Cameo" theme that I loved.  Wanted to share a few pictures as well as tips and simple steps.  Looking forward to planning her second birthday party.  I have 10 months to come up with a theme.


Invitations were made by my wonderful friend Jen, she also made the "Sophia Stickers"


I cut out circles of pretty scrapbook paper from Michaels and double sided taped Sophia's photo in the middle, I then taped lollipop sticks on the back and poked them into my centerpieces


Jen also made these tags for my take aways. Bought these small clear bags from Michaels and found boxes of the pink strawberry marshmallows at Homesense and bought 'em all


Jen also made the personalized water labels, I just bought bottled water from Costco and ripped the labels off and affixed my own with double sided tape


Bought some of these cookie jars at Superstore for $10 each the others were borrowed
Got different family members to each bake an assortment of cookies for the cookie bar. I made the cookie jar labels from the pretty paper and the small white bags are from Creative Packaging in Burnaby


Ordered these beautiful white frames online from http://www.sendaframe.com/ by Six Trees for only $16 each


Rented all my linens, white chairs and rose balls from Universal Decor in Burnaby


Coctail tables were from A&B Partytime Rentals in Vancouver


The amazing incredibly delicious cake was made by friend Shaleena at Sweet Catastrophe Cakes


The birthday girl's pretty dress was a gift from a family friend on my husband's side, originally the sash was lime green, but I asked my mother-in-law to sew a black sash in its place, she also sewed black tulling inside.

The gorgeous wallpaper look cost me $19 at Creative Packaging and is a roll of Cellophane that was so thin it literally sucked on to the wall with very minimal tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment