Friday, January 28, 2011

review for chez meme baguette bistro

If you're looking for a delicious, filling and reasonably priced casual french breakfast or lunch, you must try "Chez Meme Baguette Bistro" located at 4016 Hastings Street in Burnaby (tel 604-299-1141).  The crappy thing is that it's only open Monday to Friday 8am-3pm.  It's a pretty small space, the service is limited but very very friendly, and you will have to wait for a table.  But hey, waiting for a table is an excellent sign!!!  95% of people like this place on Urbanspoon.

I've had the Beef Bourdignon Baguette (take out) it was deelish, but I really enjoy the Pork Schnitzel with lemon caper mayo, as I seem to always order this again and again over all the other mouthwatering choices that I've been meaning to try.  The pork is tender, nicely breaded and cooked to perfection, the lemon caper mayo is definitely made in house by scratch, the baguette soft and warm.  I love french onion soup, tried it recently and it was pretty darn good, although I've had better, this one is definitely comparable.

Apparently the omelets and breakfast items are amazing, I've only tried a few bites of the Brioche French Toast with strawberries and whipped cream, I loved it!  The fresh whipped cream tasted extremely amazing, french and silky, you can tell it was good quality.  I would like to eat it in a bowl on its own next time (haha).

Please try this place out but don't be mad at me if you can't get a table.  I've posted their menu at the bottom of the page, so you can get a better idea of what they offer.

Brioche French Toast


French Onion Soup and Schnitzel Baguette


Close up of my Schnitzel

No comments:

Post a Comment