Sunday, January 23, 2011

pizza, burgers and my big ass...oh my!

I've been naughty over the weekend in the food department, I can actually feel my ass getting bigger as we speak. I worked a long shift yesterday, so when I got home we ordered some scrumptious "Hot Oven Pizza" which I'm sure you've heard me rave about in the past (last post).  To healthify our thick crusted cheesy meal,  I made a nice baby arugula salad on the side, just squeezed some fresh lemon, added a bit of balsamic cream for sweetness, extra virgin olive oil, a tiny bit of dijon, grated parmeggiano reggiano and some fleur de sel, delicious. 

This morning, (Sunday) I woke up and told my husband I was craving a juicy burger (no I'm not pregnant) so we tried Moderne Burger on West Broadway http://www.moderneburger.com/.  My husband loves pizza and burgers so when it comes to those two there's no twisting his arm, he can eat as much as these foods as he likes because he's tall and thin and never seems to put on weight.  Me on the other hand, I fluctuate.  If I were a character on "Jersey Shore" I'd be called "The Fluctuation". 

Three months ago I lost all my post baby weight and some on "Weight Watchers".  I loved the program,  it totally and completely works,  I was down to what I weighed in highschool, wearing a size 2 and loving it.  For the past few months though, I've had this mentality that I can eat whatever I want because I'm thin now, but the weight is now creeping up on me as my skinny clothes are now tight and uncomfortable and slowly I find myself wearing more of my "in-between" clothes.  I'm going to just have to make a few changes and maybe save the over indulgent foods for like a Sunday only, start planning and packing my lunches and snacks for work, and just make better choices starting Monday, oh wait, that's tommorow!


"Hot Oven Pizza" Pineapple Express with baby arugula


Moderne Steak Burger and fries
I thought it was quite good and would go back again

No comments:

Post a Comment