Thursday, January 27, 2011

soy yummy rice bowls

Here's a super easy and very healthy teriyaki chicken veggie rice bowl that I came up with while I was pregnant with Sophia.  It has your protein, veggies, and carbs (good carbs if you make it with brown rice).  Just made it tonight, loved it and knew I had to share it with you guys!  I don't measure anything for this recipe I just kinda throw it all together.  Trust me, this recipe is quick and convenient with almost all of your food groups in one bowl!
What makes this dish so good is "Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki" it's an all natural kosher sauce that tastes soy very yummy! The ingredients are simple, preservative free soy sauce, fresh ginger and garlic, onions, expeller pressed soy, sesame oils and lots of sesame seeds.  I found my Soy Vay at Whole Foods, they carry a line of most of their products. 

courtesey of http://www.soyvay.com/


Angela's Soy Yummy Rice Bowls

Ingredients

Ground Chicken or Turkey
Medium size bag of frozen vegetables (you could use fresh veggies but I like to use the frozen carrot, peas corn and green bean medley, I also add frozen broccoli).
Little bit of Chicken stock
SoyVay Veri Veri Teriyaki 1/2 cup or so
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
Sriracha (depending on how hot you like your food, squeeze accordingly)
Rice (basmati or Thai jasmine)
1 to 2 tablespoons Canola oil and Sesame oil (mixed) or you can use Olive oil

Directions

You can make your rice in advance
Thaw your frozen veggies then rinse them under hot water. 
Meanwhile, in an oiled non stick skillet, brown your ground chicken or turkey add a little chicken broth and bring to a full boil (cook fully until there is no more liquid in the pan, just your nicely browned chicken).
Add your vegetables, cook and stir
Add your Soy Vay (possibly 1/2 cup) you could do less or more
Keep stirring, add the tablespoon of peanut butter and some Sriracha, it should be nice and saucy, add your rice and mix it all up


The chicken and veggie mixture


Sauces and rice added


Serve with chopsticks

1 comment:

  1. I'm heading to Whole Foods and I'm going to be making this.

    ReplyDelete