Monday, January 31, 2011

dine out review...sort of...

Dine Out Vancouver is a great concept, but I find it's sometimes hit and miss.  We went last night, and well, it was sort of a miss.  The entire meal was mediocre, the appetizer was pretty decent, the entree nothing spectacular, the dessert (cheesecake) was ruined by the strawberries as you could tell by their coloring and taste that they were straight out of the frozen section.  Oh, and on the menu they stated "seasonal fruit", there is nothing seasonal about previously frozen!  I've decided not to mention the restaurant's name, as the service was great, super friendly, and I don't want to be the jerk that cost them a little bit of business.  I also decided last night that I'm only going to share my really good reviews and keep the crappy ones to myself.  So that is why I'm not reviewing last night's restaurant.  As I sit here and type, I just realized that I am in fact reviewing them, I'm also writing about how I'm not going to be writing about them.  Oh boy, I'm just going to stop typing now.

1 comment:

  1. I admire the decision to not give a bad review (you didn't name the place) since the internet is filled with bitches being bitchy.
    Why not be a breath of fresh air in a world of negativity and sniping?

    ReplyDelete